Manage Android phone with ReactOS?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

gabmsku

Manage Android phone with ReactOS?

Post by gabmsku »

Just curious if there is any software available on ReactOS to mange Android device via USB cable? I think this is one of the most demanded feature in modern life.
dizt3mp3r

Re: Manage Android phone with ReactOS?

Post by dizt3mp3r »

ReactOS is an operating system. ReactOS runs programs, ReactOS runs Windows programs. Find such a program and run it on Windows or ReactOS.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

MTP is not working yet btw
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Nalser

Post by Nalser »

gabmsku wrote:Just curious if there is any software available on ReactOS to mange Android device via USB cable? I think this is one of the most demanded feature in modern life.
It sounds like you're looking for app like an Android Assistant , if you want to manage all data for Android with it ,
gabmsku

Post by gabmsku »

EmuandCo wrote:MTP is not working yet btw
so it is impossible to connect Android to computer running ReactOS with USB cables?
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

We just have trouble making a mouse or keyboard work on usb. So I think there is no hope for MTP yet.
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
ThFabba
Developer

Post by ThFabba »

Accessing an Android device from ReactOS is supposed to work the same way as it does in Windows. I.e. you should be able to just install your favorite Windows software in ROS and use it to access your Android device -- and if that doesn't work in ROS, that's a bug.
As for built-in features, ROS should somewhat support mass storage, so you may be able to access the phone's SD card in MSC mode. The MTP shell extension (and the WinUSB backend for it) are indeed not implemented in ROS, so the phone will only work in MTP mode if you find a third-party driver for it.
Nalser

Post by Nalser »

gabmsku wrote:
EmuandCo wrote:MTP is not working yet btw
so it is impossible to connect Android to computer running ReactOS with USB cables?
That remains to be seen, do you have to use this program ? there are many more simple ways to manage Android via USB cable, you can move all of your Android data to computer ,
Such as : https://www.tunesbro.com/android-file-t ... d-mac.html
zanksder

Post by zanksder »

Installing the Android Manager and Move all the Android data to computer, it can manage your Android data on computer for you .
That's what i did follow this tutorial : http://www.android-rescuer.com/transfer ... puter.html