Some missing information for the Translation wiki tutorial

Suggestions and comments about the ReactOS website

Moderator: Moderator Team

Fraizeraust

Some missing information for the Translation wiki tutorial

Post by Fraizeraust »

The translation introduction page looks so neat that it makes our lives easier to translate ReactOS. I highly appreciate this. However I feel the article is not fully complete and some crucial information are really missing. Especially the Submitting your translation field.
Submit your translation
To submit your translation, please create a patch file for it and file a Jira Bug report for it.

Here is a small step-by-step (for TortoiseSVN) guide for doing this:
  • 1. Right-click on the root folder of ReactOS source folder and click on TortoiseSVN --> Create patch.
    2. Make sure that all your changed files are selected in the appearing dialog and then click on OK. Save the result as a ".patch" file.
    3. Go to Jira, log in and click on Create Issue. Choose "Core ReactOS" as project and "Improvement" as issue type.
    4. Enter a short description in the Summary text box, for example "TRANSLATION: German translation for explorer". In the Description text box enter something similar.
    5. Now, click on the button next to "Attachment" and choose your .patch file.
    6. Click on "Create".
It does tell how to submit your first patch only in TortoiseSVN which is a Windows-only software. There's a lack of a dedicated Unix subsection on how to build a translation patch. For that matter, this article needs a update in the foreseeable future.
a.k.a. GeoB99 -- ReactOS Kernel developer -- My Wiki page
ctasan

Re: Some missing information for the Translation wiki tutori

Post by ctasan »

This tutorial is ENTIRELY OBSOLETE. ReactOS has switched from SVN to Git.
Anyway, we should notice devs or skilled.
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
Fraizeraust

Re: Some missing information for the Translation wiki tutori

Post by Fraizeraust »

I made a ticket, ONLINE-747 concerning this. I have also included two obsolete articles that need some improvements. I'd like if someone could help me seeking other outdated articles so I can include them in the list as a note reference for developers or responsible maintainers of the ReactOS WIki website.
a.k.a. GeoB99 -- ReactOS Kernel developer -- My Wiki page