remove some labels in command.com

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

manuel

remove some labels in command.com

Post by manuel »

Hi:

Testing command.com program on reactos, I see that this displays a label (marked with a red square in the attached picture) but that dont't exist in the command.com on windows xp/7, I suggest remove it to imitate better to original command.com, greetings.

Reactos's command.com
[ external image ]

Windows 7's command.com
[ external image ]

Windows xp's command.com
[ external image ]
middings

Re: remove some labels in command.com

Post by middings »

Manuel, please write a bug report about the problem you found. A bug report quickly brings problems with ReactOS that you discover to the attention of the project's developers. The project's developers automatically receive electronic notices of new bug reports. Posts in the ReactOS Forums are not meant for bug reports. Attempts to report bugs in a Forum might never be noticed by the developers.

File one report for each newly discovered bug. Bug reports made in ReactOS's JIRA Bugtracker will quickly come to the attention of ReactOS developers. Before making a bug report please review the post "File bugs in the bug tracker!" elsewhere in this forum. Follow the link to the File Bugs page in the ReactOS wiki. That page describes the requirements for a good bug report that is useful to ReactOS's developers. (Unfortunately, some information on the File Bugs page is outdated. ReactOS now uses JIRA as the project's bugtracker software. Treat references to Bugzilla as references to the JIRA bugtracker.)

To begin a bug report (called an "issue" in JIRA) use the Bugtracker link at the top of the page. Log in with your existing Forum credentials. (Note: A wait of up to 24 hours may be required after creating new Forum credentials before they are available to JIRA.) If the What's New in JIRA 5.2 splash page appears, you may close it. Create an issue by typing c or choosing the Create Issue link at the upper left of the page.

Bugs found in the ReactOS operating system belong to the project Core ReactOS. For the Issue Type, the bubble with the question mark inside opens a sub-window with short descriptions of the available choices. Choose the most appropriate one. Put the title of your bug report into the Summary field. This should be a very short summary of the bug you found. For the Description field, add more details so the developers can reproduce your bug. Choose an appropriate priority level then click the Create button on the lower right of the window. Your bug report is now logged.

Any input field of the bug report that you are not sure about (or anything best left to the Project Lead) you may leave as you found it when you began your bug report. The Project Lead will make any necessary additions or changes to the bug report you created.

I look forward to seeing the bug you have found become resolved.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

These labels are there in order to verify that DOS stuff initializes in the proper order, since I'm still monitoring whether we have problems when starting DOS applications with ntvdm. What I need to do is to implement a "/P" switch which does exactly what it should do, i.e. silence those messages (and load autoexec.nt, but that's another problem).
manuel

Post by manuel »

then still is developing HBelusca?
manuel

Post by manuel »

Thank you very much for the explanation middings, but I remember seeing the suggestion to use the forum to design's ideas and not directly JIRA.