CMake "wrong destination"

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

alpha5056

CMake "wrong destination"

Post by alpha5056 »

Hello everybody,
I am new here and would like to contribute to the ReactOS project. I would like to create (or at least start creating) the BlackShade msstyles theme as others have suggested on the forum. I have modified a CMake file to compile the theme, however I end up with the following console output:

Code: Select all

[0/1] Re-running CMake...
-- Build Type: Debug
-- Selected localization: all
-- dxtn has no base address
CMake Error at sdk/cmake/CMakeMacros.cmake:285 (message):
  Wrong destination: reactos/Resources/Themes/BlackShade
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  sdk/cmake/CMakeMacros.cmake:342 (dir_to_num)
  media/themes/blackshade.msstyles/CMakeLists.txt:24 (add_cd_file)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/dev/ros/reactos/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
FAILED: build.ninja
How do I create the folder as a CMake Destination?
ROCKNROLLKID

Re: CMake "wrong destination"

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

You should head to the ReactOS IRC and ask there. It is a better place to get support for contributing to ReactOS. Just head here: https://reactos.org/irc
ThFabba
Developer

Post by ThFabba »

inf/cab deployment requires us to assign numeric identifiers to each directory, which is not very pretty in CMake.
You will need to add that path to boot/bootdata/packages/reactos.dff.in (search for Lautus, copy that line and give it a new number -- 59 seems to be free). Then also add it to the dir_to_num macro in sdk/cmake/CMakeMacros.cmake (using the number you assigned).
alpha5056

Post by alpha5056 »

ThFabba wrote:inf/cab deployment requires us to assign numeric identifiers to each directory, which is not very pretty in CMake.
You will need to add that path to boot/bootdata/packages/reactos.dff.in (search for Lautus, copy that line and give it a new number -- 59 seems to be free). Then also add it to the dir_to_num macro in sdk/cmake/CMakeMacros.cmake (using the number you assigned).
Thank you for the prompt reply! I have made those changes and can confirm that this works.
At what point do I create a pull request for the theme? I think it'd be nice to have the directory numbers officially reserved so they wouldn't have to change if somebody else wants a new directory (I probably won't need to touch those files again as far as the theme is concerned)

Thank you again :D

Edit:
It looks like I will just use a really high index (one not likely to be reserved) and change it to the lowest non-allocated number when the theme is actually complete.