Problems with form text boxes

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

tmcox1242

Problems with form text boxes

Post by tmcox1242 »

I was able to get ReactOS up and running quite quickly and it seems to be working great. I installed this on a Hyper-V VM using the iso file downloaded from this site. I primarily wanted to test out running older windows games (specifically The Sims) on ReactOS and ran into a problem during installation. The game asks for a serial number to be entered in order to install it. 4 text boxes are provided, each expecting a specific number of characters: 4-7-7-4. On Windows, I type 4 characters, it jumps to the next text box, I enter 7 and so on and so forth. In ReactOS, the first text box only accepts 3 characters. In fact, each box only accepts one less character than what is required by the game to install (3-6-6-3). I am not sure if this is an issue with the form boxes themselves or with how the game is specifically reacting with ReactOS, but regardless, it seems to be a bug.
dizt3mp3r

Re: Problems with form text boxes

Post by dizt3mp3r »

We have a system called JIRA for raising bugs. Check if anything like that exists already before you raise a new bug. Also search the forum.

Be aware that ReactOS is not fit yet for USE but only for testing. Having said that keep testing!
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
binarymaster

Re: Problems with form text boxes

Post by binarymaster »

tmcox1242 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:32 am I was able to get ReactOS up and running quite quickly and it seems to be working great. I installed this on a Hyper-V VM using the iso file downloaded from this site. I primarily wanted to test out running older windows games (specifically The Sims) on ReactOS and ran into a problem during installation. The game asks for a serial number to be entered in order to install it. 4 text boxes are provided, each expecting a specific number of characters: 4-7-7-4. On Windows, I type 4 characters, it jumps to the next text box, I enter 7 and so on and so forth. In ReactOS, the first text box only accepts 3 characters. In fact, each box only accepts one less character than what is required by the game to install (3-6-6-3). I am not sure if this is an issue with the form boxes themselves or with how the game is specifically reacting with ReactOS, but regardless, it seems to be a bug.
See CORE-1091 and related tickets. You also may open a new ticket and link it with that one.