One-Core API is a fraud

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

reactosuser7

One-Core API is a fraud

Post by reactosuser7 »

:!: Well it seems that this 'project' uses native Windows 7,8,10 dll files, so it is a fraud and a great risk to ReactOS project to use it.
It´s a shame. It could be a real Open Source compatibility layer like 'kernelEx' ,but .... It was too good to be true.

We are warned now to ignore it. :!:
Konata

Re: One-Core API is a fraud

Post by Konata »

You were warned to ignore it, several times, by several people. Please stop bringing it up.
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

Have you not noticed the fact that he has a fork of the Windows Research Kernel in his Respo? The ReactOS team does not want anything to do with him or One Core API.

I would call for the ban hammer since he keeps bringing this up, but that's not my call.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

In this case I put the hammer aside and used a big scrubbing brush. If someone adds it again, I can still grab the Mjølnir. ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

I overlooked the tree again. (Especially headers)
One-Core API does not seem to include dirty code, so it's no problem. Using ReactOS and Wine code.
However, author has a fork of WRK.

We're thinking wrong. One-Core API is not a problem of its own, and the fork of WRK is in another branch.

Resolution: It doesn't seem not a fraud. We can contact to remove WRK, although.
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
learn_more
Developer

Post by learn_more »

for the last fucking time, no.
Konata

Post by Konata »

ctasan wrote:I overlooked the tree again. (Especially headers)
One-Core API does not seem to include dirty code, so it's no problem. Using ReactOS and Wine code.

We're thinking wrong. One-Core API is not a problem of its own, and the fork of WRK is in another branch.

Resolution: It doesn't seem not a fraud. We can contact to remove WRK, although.
Of course it's not a "fraud", reactosuser7 doesn't know what that word means. However, it is dirty code. It violates the United States laws of reverse engineering. The person who implemented it is also the person who reverse-engineered it and they cannot prove otherwise, this directly violates the ReactOS guidelines. This is not worth discussing.
reactosuser7

Post by reactosuser7 »

Konata wrote:

Of course it's not a "fraud", reactosuser7 doesn't know what that word means. However, it is dirty code. It violates the United States laws of reverse engineering. The person who implemented it is also the person who reverse-engineered it and they cannot prove otherwise, this directly violates the ReactOS guidelines. This is not worth discussing.

That´s does not change the fact that is a useless project to consider here.
Konata

Post by Konata »

reactosuser7 wrote: That´s does not change the fact that is a useless project to consider here.
Nobody's considering it but you. I was making a correction so maybe in the future you know why things like this are bad. Don't try to correct me like that.
reactosuser7

Post by reactosuser7 »

You are right. Sorry for this waste post about 'One-Core API'. :roll:
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

Konata wrote:

Where is the dirty code except WRK? I missed if there's any.
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
DGMurdockIII

Post by DGMurdockIII »

just for info here is the projects website *removed*
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

ctasan wrote:
Konata wrote:

Where is the dirty code except WRK? I missed if there's any.
It is not a matter of fact of if one core API uses dirty code, but more of the fact that the developer is involved with illegal code, even if it not with one core API. Using one core API might mean there has to be some collaboration with the developer and the ReactOS would look bad if he ever got caught and might even temporarily shut down to a investigation to make sure ReactOS didn't use illegal code. Anyways, it looks like all he did was just jumped ahead into the future compared to where ReactOS is, as it seems he just took wine and win32apis and made it into his project. Eventually ReactOS will reach this point in time (looks like some of this is already being done on some PRs in GitHub), but first we have to do ReactOS working.

I would highly suggest deleting DGMurdockIII post asap.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Because some ppl seem to be unable to THINK before post, this discussion is CLOSED now!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...