I can not install React OS on real hardware

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

FolderX

I can not install React OS on real hardware

Post by FolderX »

Hello,
he was trying to install React OS on an old PC to give him a second life and take a step back, and well the latest version of React OS (0.4.7) does not work with:

- an AMD athlon II X3 450 processor 3'2 GHz (processor x86_64)

- 4gb of ram DDR3 to 1333MHZ

- a nvidia gtx 750 of 2gb a

-a 500GB SATA hard drive

-A Asrock N68-C UCC motherboard (I tried to disable the UCC and it happens exactly the same)

it restarts when trying to load the installer and in the live CD it happens to me that when trying to load the live selection mode of the options and the screen remains black and from there it does not pass
Possible solution to install it?
Is it my hardware problem?
Thank you
ROCKNROLLKID

Re: I can not install React OS on real hardware

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

Hello.

First of all, you should know that ReactOS is very early alpha stage now, meaning it is not feature-complete and contains many bugs. It also lacks a lot of hardware compatibility.

With that being said, I would recommend you try the latest nightly build if you want to do testing, as .4.7 is almost 1 month old now and some bugs may have been fixed already. You can grab the latest nightly build here: https://www.reactos.org/getbuilds/

If you want my guess, though, it is probably a compatibility issue with your nvidia gtx 750, simply because I have seen users on Athlon II that got their systems working fine and ReactOS seems to be lacking the most with nvidia gpus. I have no clue, though since I am not a developer, but that is my guess. You could try swapping different hardware to see if it is a compatibility issue.

If nothing else, I would recemmend you post a ticket over at JIRA using the latest nightly build of ReactOS along with a debug log to see if a developer can find what the problem is. You can use your forum login to sign in over there: https://jira.reactos.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa
FolderX

Post by FolderX »

ok,I'll try what you say
Thank you PD:
Sorry for my poor level of English.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

FolderX wrote:ok,I'll try what you say
Thank you PD:
Sorry for my poor level of English.
Your English is good!
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
milon

Post by milon »

How did the testing go?
FolderX

Post by FolderX »

milon wrote:How did the testing go?

bad, I did not get the system to start well, I need a new version of ReactOS os to fix these problems
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

You may need to use 2 computers with serial ports and a null modem cable or adapter. Then you can gather the data in the non-ROS system. I am not sure what you need to do on the receiving PC, maybe use terminal software and capture the input, or if nothing else, the "Copy com1 Filename.txt" or whatever, or "Type Com1 > Filename.txt" or whatever. I will have to read the instructions again.

My point is that ROS has debugging capabilities and can capture and send debugging information the developers can use.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Null Modem cable and a Terminal like Putty is correct. When it hangs, type in bt and send in the information.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
milon

Post by milon »

Try a daily build, rather than 0.4.7 and see if it's any different. But to be honest, ReactOS isn't expected to run on most hardware at this point.